- What is the total space available for storage and RAM? The device shows less than what is claimed.
- The reason the device shows less memory than is claimed, is because the actual Android Operating System takes up some space on the tablet. The memory that is shown as ‘available’ is the remainder memory after the initial installation of the OS and default apps. We try to minimize the space taken by the OS, by using fewer preloaded apps. Making your experience as smooth as possible.
- The RAM that is shown as ‘free’ is the total after the default usage to run the device. The OS takes memory to run and uses a small amount of the given total.
- To view total storage space, access the settings and under the storage tab, you will see ‘Total Space’ and ‘NAND FLASH’. The total of these two categories is the amount of space your device has left.
- To view RAM space, access the settings and under the ‘Apps’ tab, along the bottom of the screen you should see a blue bar that is partially filled. This displays the status of your RAM and allows users to view which apps are taking up exactly how much memory.
- Don’t forget! There is always the option to add an external SD card to further improve the capacity of your DOPO device!
- Where do I purchase accessories for the DOPO tablets, such as screen protectors and sleeves?
- On our main website (doublepowertech.com) there is an online store. If the item you are requesting is not available online, accessories are also available through our main phone line (800) 838-3315.
- I am having a problem connecting to my Wi-Fi internet on my DOPO tablet. Is my tablet broken?
- Absolutely not! There are a few reasons why your tablet might not be connecting to the wifi internet. For example:
- Your wifi setting is turned off on the tablet.
To turn on, access the settings app and select the wifi icon. This will toggle your wifi on and off.
- The password you entered is incorrect.
This is a common mistake! First, make sure the access point you are attempting to connect to has a password. If not, then do not worry about a password! If there is a password, ask an administrator or owner for permission to use their internet, and also for the password if they allow it. (NOTE: Public coffee houses and restaurants sometimes to not have a password but require you to accept their Terms and Agreements before being able to access the internet.)
- You are too far from the access point.
Unfortunately, tablets do not have the wireless range of desktop or even laptop computers. Ask an administrator or owner where their access point is and move closer to it. You cannot be too far away from the access point!
- The access point you are trying to access has a bad connection or a firewall that prevents devices from access the internet.
Owners or administrators of the access point have the right to deny any public or foreign connections to their wifi internet. Also, if the router that the wifi is coming from is old or outdated, it could have frequent problems providing a constant wifi signal.
- How do I make sure my battery has the longest life possible?
- To give your battery the chance to last it’s longest; we suggest that the first few times you charge your tablet, charge it overnight or for an uninterrupted 8 hour period.
- Tablet battery life is completely dependant on your usage. If you are receiving 5 hours of battery life from reading an E-Book, you cannot expect the same 5 hours from the tablet while watching youtube or browsing the internet. Certain tasks require more power and processing speed. Remember; try to limit your battery demanding tasks!
- My tablet is not connecting to the computer via USB. How can I solve this problem?
- There are multiple reasons this could be happening. The most common is because your tablet is being read by the computer as a media device and not USB storage. To solve this problem:
-Make sure unit is on
-Connect USB cable to device, and the other end into the USB port in your computer/laptop.
-Wait until a notification on the device pops up.
-On the bottom right of your tablet home screen, there will be a line stating that the USB is connected or not. Click on this line.
-Select ‘USB Storage’ and make sure it is on.
©Double Power Technology Inc., 2012 All rights reserved.